I am sick and tired of all the crap that has come with this year. If I were a flower… I would be so wilted, you would have to toss me out.
I’ve had it with divisions that have seemingly spiraled out of control among us. The disappearance of civility. The mistrust. The disobedience that leads to violence. The lack of being allowed an opinion that might differ from yours without getting trashed, beat up, or worse. Politicians on both sides who, the majority of which I firmly believe, are only interested in protecting their cozy and very entitled lives by saying or promising whatever they think will get the most votes. A current administration that seems to have no clue or afraid to get one. The virus that we can’t really control. The continuing damage we inflict on our environment and the damage our environment inflicts back on us. Worldwide unrest and corruption. In a nutshell, 2020 sucks (and we humans are mostly to blame).
So, how do we deal with the rest of a dismal 2020? I don’t know about you, but here’s what I intend to do:
- Limit my time watching national news. It really does affect me. I get upset, angry, mortified… rarely soothed by what the media throws into my living room.
- Focus on good things that are happening within my community, within my circle of friends, within my immediate and extended family, within myself!
- Share more good things, funny things, and less of the “did you see this, or, is this fake?” kind of things. (Yeah, talking about social media.)
- Look ahead with more optimism. Our country has been through hard, crazy times before. It WILL get better. Growth can be a long and often painful process.
- Spend more time enjoying what I have and less time pondering about what I don’t have.
- Spend more time on my back porch watching the clouds pass overhead.
- Continue painting since it is, indeed, my favorite method of disconnecting from the world and feeling good… especially when clouds are involved.
Stay well. Stay hopeful.